Misophonia, which literally means “hatred of sounds,” has been in existence for longer than any-one knows, but was first “officially” named by Dr. Pawel J. Jastreboff when he noticed a connection between certain “soft” noises (chewing, tapping, ticking, etc.) and a rise in stress levels and emotions that seemed over the top (anger, anxiety, panic). A question to be addressed is why are we now seeing a rise in accommodation requests for this disorder?
- ALL – RBHS Student Emergency Fund Established
- ALL-Lizzo Changes Lyric In New Song After Criticism Over Ableist Slur
- ALL-CODA takes top prize at SAG awards in Major win for Deaf Representation
- ALL-Ehlers-Danlos syndrome and a wheelchair didn’t stop Ryann Kress, BS, RN……she got the job!
- ALL – Med Student’s Disability Helps Him Connect With Patients