Community Engagement Tutor/Mentor Project Leader/Coordinator
The Community Engagement Tutor/Mentor Project Leader/Coordinator serves as an on/off campus representative for Rutgers University-Newark’s various community-engaged tutor/mentoring programs (e.g., America Reads/Counts, Jumpstart) that are housed within the Office of University-Community Partnerships. As a unit student leader, the Community Engagement Tutor/Mentor Project Leader/Coordinator provides second tier execution of program-related projects. The Project Leader/Coordinator serves as a role model and point of contact for tutors and mentors based on at least one year of successful experience tutoring in a community-based site. Because the Project Leader/Coordinator is an effective time manager and remains committed to educational development of tutees, s/he able to serve in both tutoring and administrative capacities.
- Assists with supporting interview processes for students who are assigned to RU-N tutor/mentoring programs. Helps to ensure that tutors/mentors undergo/complete protection of minors certification training through the university.
- Under the direction of the Associate Director, develops and/or utilizes a database that organizes students’ work schedules and site assignments.
- Assists with planning and conducting regular meetings for the program.
- Helps to ensure that procedural policies and regulations that tutors/mentors should follow are enforced.
- Works in collaboration with OUCP professional staff to plan and coordinate the development of an annual report for tutor/mentor programs.
- Attends professional staff and student staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Serves on special departmental committees (e.g., public relations, protection of minors)
- Other duties as assigned.
The America Reads Tutor Student Coordinator is under the direct supervision of designated OUCP administrative staff.
Must be nominated by OUCP professional staff and/or a Team/Project Leader. Must have completed sophomore year with a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA.
WORK STUDY HOURLY WAGE (starting): $9.00-11.00 /hour